How to Use
What is this?
The MetroRewards store is to allow registered Metropolis users to redeem activity points in exchange for services vouchers and physical goods. We hope that our recognition of your efforts will help you find a reason to keep coming back and contributing to the community at large.
Some products on the MetroRewards store more change on a daily basis, due to inventory, sponsor decisions, and other reasons. We apologize in advance for any disappointment caused by this, but encourage you to check back regularly to see what’s new. If you want a newsletter to give you updates, please go here.
Currently products are not purchasable from this store with cash or other forms of payment. If you see items that you would like to purchase outside of our rewards system, please feel free to contact the sponsors directly.
General Rules of Use of Rewards System
- The MetroRewards store may only be used by registered Metropolis users, who have accumulated points for activities on one of the Metropolis websites, such as JapanTourist.jp or MetroDining.jp.
- MetroRewards Members may be resident anywhere in the world, however, some products may not be allowed to be shipped to your location (e.g., honey to Australia).
- When redeeming physical products, although the products themselves free, the cost of post and packing needs to be paid by the recipient to their destination. Within Japan unless otherwise stated, post/packing will be a flat rate of JPY800. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on shipping costs outside Japan. All post/packing costs must be prepaid, using credit card or Paypal.
- In joining the Metropolis Rewards system, users agree that if there are no products of the user’s liking or preference, that the ONLY recourse is for the user to wait until new products/vouchers are posted into the online store or to leave the program.
- Products and vouchers are offered in good faith. If a sponsor does not have sufficient inventory to supply advertised offerings, Metropolis reserves the right to mediate an exchange for a different product/voucher OR to refund the points that had been redeemed. Metropolis will issue a warning to and subsequently remove sponsors who repeatedly show products or vouchers that cannot be redeemed.
- Metropolis is not responsible for nor will it accept returns, requests for support, or other complaints about products/vouchers. Instead, any user problems after redemption must be taken up with the sponsoring company named on the voucher. Note that the sponsoring company may be different to the company providing the voucher service.
- Metropolis reserves the right to terminate the Rewards system at any time and for any reason.
- Metropolis reserves the right at its own discretion to temporarily or permanently remove a member from the Rewards system or revoke their points if it is found that the member is abusing the Rewards system, is posting inappropriate comments or reviews, or otherwise mis-using the website and its various functions.
- Any claims against Metropolis will only be heard in a Japanese court of law.